[Sorry, the subject was accidentally removed when sending out the email.]

On a side note, I think we have some classes inside Carbon core which are
not really a part of Carbon core functionality, for example the cache entry
implementations like IdentityCacheEntry. With Tomcat OSGification, I guess
we can move these classes to corresponding components and allow them to
evolve independent of the core.

Thanks,
Thilina

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Sameera Jayasoma <same...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> There is a Cassandra log4j appender in Carbon.Utils bundle[1]. Due to this
> logger, following  dependencies has been added to the Carbon kernel.
>
> Cassandra
> Hectore-core
> libthrift.
>
> IMHO, these are unnecessary dependencies to Carbon kernel. We need to move
> this Cassandra appender to  the components level.
>
> There are some other cases where we can get rid of unnecessary
> dependencies from Carbon kernel, These are initial steps towards minimizing
> Carbon kenel.
>
> Thanks,
> Sameera.
>
> [1]
> https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/carbon/core/org.wso2.carbon.utils/pom.xml
>
> --
> Sameera Jayasoma
> Technical Lead and Product Manager, WSO2 Carbon
>
> WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
> email: same...@wso2.com
> blog: http://tech.jayasoma.org
>
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware