Hi Sameera,

I wonder whether my reply was not communicated properly. If that's the
case, I will work on improving that aspect :). Please take it in good
spirit.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Sameera Jayasoma <same...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Tharindu,
>

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Tharindu Mathew <thari...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Sameera,
>>
>> We are picking on logging here
>

> We are not picking any particular component, team or  developer. Yesterday
> we came across this while fixing a build failure.  Hence thought of
> removing this dependency.  If anyone thinks that we are picking on stuff,
> then please advice us on the correct ways to handle such cases.

It's ok to pick on logging, if they have done a wrong thing. It is totally
acceptable, as it's constructive. No developer or team would/should take it
personally.

>> but there are many more.
>

> Yes. There are many more.  And we can't solve EVERYTHING at once. It
> should be a step by step process. Identifying small improvements one by one
> and fixing them.

You broke down my single sentence :). I never said about solving EVERYTHING
at once. Of course, being incremental or doing it all at once (maybe in a
hackathon mode) is just a choice in execution.

>> Do you have a list of bundles we want to remove to make Carbon a proper
>> minimum kernel?
>

> Nope.  I am afraid we don't have. In fact we don't have to completely
> minimize Kernel for 4.0.0 release. Proper minimization will happen for
> 5.0.0 release as per the release plans.  Therefore for Carbon 4.0.0,  the
> plan is to fix these small cases and make it ready for a
> proper minimization.
>
> We would appreciate the cooperation from all the developer on this effort.

I wasn't aware of this. I thought it was a Carbon 4.0.0 effort. Sorry, if I
missed a mail on this. I was interested in using a minimum kernel asap, but
this is not urgent so 5.0.0 is good enough.

IMO, the more systematic way would be to check and list what should be
removed. Then, there's a lesser chance of us missing any part of the
current kernel that should be removed.