Hi Robert

As you have experimented, care2x works under php 5.1
I the reason that maked me delete the php5 compatibility SVN...
Moreover, due to my clients OS, i must work on Win platforms, and on Vista
with WAMP, i have no problems.
I can swith between both parsers (4 and 5), but care2x works good anyway.
@ this moment i am trying to test care2x on Ubuntu with LAMP (parser 5.1)
Think we can release it as "4 and latest version compatibile.
The restrictions to PHP 5.2

Currently, i have a care2x version running under MSSQL by using this class:
<?php
//sql server data access class

//common class name for all database types..
//thats the first criteria.
//you will notice that the name "SampleDataAccess" is common in the SQL and
MySQL class files...
//there won't be a collision as only the proper file will be loaded based on
the DB
class SampleDataAccess{

    //member function to return all data.
    //our example is to return all base table entries
    //and ONLY the LAST entered financial data value..

    function GetAllData($orderby='', $dir){
        global $_TABLES;
            //this is a nice example of a sql call that works flawlessly in
SQL server,

        $x=array();
        $sql="select a.id, a.name, a.descr, ";
        $sql.="(select top 1 b.dollarAmount ";
        $sql.="from {$_TABLES['encounter']} b ";
        $sql.="where b.base_id=a.id ";
        $sql.="order by b.dateEntered desc) ";
        $sql.="from ";
        $sql.="{$_TABLES['base']} a ";
        if($orderby!=''){
            $sql .="order by {$orderby} {$dir}";
            }

        $res=DB_query($sql);
        $nrows=DB_numRows($res);
        if($nrows>0){
            for($cntr=0;$cntr<$nrows;$cntr++){
                $thisRow= DB_fetchArray($res);

array_push($x,array($thisRow[0],$thisRow[1],$thisRow[2],$thisRow[3]));
                }
            return $x;
            }
        else{
            return FALSE;
            }
        }

    //thanks to php.net for this
    function array_push_associative(&$arr) {
      $args = func_get_args();
      foreach ($args as $arg) {
          if (is_array($arg)) {
              foreach ($arg as $key => $value) {
                  @$arr[$key] = $value;
                  $ret++;
              }
          }else{
              @$arr[$arg] = "";
          }
      }
      return $ret;
    }

    }//end class
?>
Is just a suggestion, but we must begin to think @ the more used DataBases
in Healtcare (Oracle, MSSQL), as soon on an incoming release.

B. Claudio