Hello "K202" :-)

Reporting is one of the most flexible, smartest and interesting
implementation right after accounting. We have integrated to the East
Afrcian version of Care2x several reporting pages just for the need of the
so called MTHUA reports, a kind of report what is needed for government,
ministry of health.

Reports are sometimes changes at the statement itself (statistical issue by
changed requirements) and this will also reflect the parameters what is
needed for this kind of statistical analysis. What means that if the report
table changes one parameter at formula, it could be that one or more
parameters to determine the result are not given and it influence strongly
back to care2x.

There is a simultaneous project called DHIS. You can read more on
http://www.hisp.info <http://www.hisp.info/>  about their aims. It's
different to the aim of Care2x, they have focused their software to a really
flexible reporting back end. My plan is to figure out till end of the year
how DHIS can be interfaced to Care2x exactly for the need you described.

If you cannot wait till end of that year you can look on the east afcian
banch of care2x, there you can find the way how I realized the reports I
mentioned before. Aim is to build an interface between these two
applications, care2x and DHIS.

Every East African hospital has same or even more registered patients to the
system. Using common SQL queries you can run into a timeout (result matrix
of second INNER JOIN produced a memory need of > 2GByte - this in a
combination of common PC's as server you will get really trouble). If you
prefer to use this way of creating own report pages using temporary tables
storing just data what you need you can take a look to the way I solved it
here, but it can just be used by MySQL 5 or higher - reason: temporary
tables. I prepared a basic class using this kind of tables to store the
parameters what you need at the end. If that is what you need you can
contact me.

Robert

P.S: About Seagull - this is another topic, but I can read out of your kind
of writing that there is somehow ironic in it - and I can understand. But
let me make some more tests before I will comment it here more precisely.

MEROTECH IT Engineering

Robert Meggle
Hohnerstrasse 6
89079 Ulm

Germany

Tel: +49(0)7 31- 1 75 97- 27
Fax: +49(0)7 31- 1 75 97- 25
 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____