Hi Kim,

regarding the lab management you can take a look at the code of the
current rc 2.
it supports parameter group and parameter management.
as for the other mods and translations your help is welcomed.

you can fin the rc 2 here :
http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/care2002/Care2x-2.5_RC2.zip

regards
gj.