I've been stepping through the CAS authentication and validation filters in
the CAS client (3.1.6). It appears that after the authentication filter and
the ST validation filter fire, and the Assertion object is put in session,
the service app is then decoupled from the CAS server. i.e. Once the
Assertion object is in the session, as you navigate around the pages of an
app, you won't redirect to CAS server for a login prompt (which makes
sense), but you also won't attempt to validate a service ticket since there
is no service ticket on the request. Perhaps this is the desired behavior
but I would have expected that after the initial login and validation step,
as you navigate around the app, that the validation filter would request a
service ticket from the CAS server if a service ticket was not on the
request in order to verify with CAS that the user's session continues to be
authenticated. Is the behavior I'm seeing correct or am I missing something?