I "guess" one could consider doing a recurring validation of the user's
session as session management that is beyond the scope of the CAS client but
seems to me that is what the client is doing anyway with the Assertion
object on the initial authentication. e.g before login there is no Assertion
on the session and after authentication the client puts the Assertion on the
session and from there forward the client decides by checking the session
that the user doesn't need to login again, sounds like session management to
me. Doesn't seem like a big stretch to add the capability on the client to
check the validity of the session (at least as far as it being an
authenticated session is concerned) against the CAS server and update the
Assertion object appropriately. Just an observation... but seems like this
would enhance the security provided by CAS.

Anyway..., I understand that this is not how it is intended work.

Thanks for the confirmation.