On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Paul B. Henson <hen...@csupomona.edu>wrote:

> Basically, in the context of a global single sign-on session providing
> access to all applications, the concept of "logging out" of a particular
> application is no longer valid. Either you are "logged in" to everything,
> or you are "logged out" of everything. And it seems the proper solution
> isn't to have any single application destroy the entire session, but rather
> stop having "application" logouts, and instead have each individual
> application logout page go to a central CAS page where a user can select to
> destroy their session or not.

One other thought. Your proposed method may end up essentially being a "Do
you really want to logout?" sort of system. If the typical workflow for
most of the users is to be logged into one application, then logout and be
done, it becomes are "Do you really want to logout?" type system. If they
are typically logged into multiple CAS based services at a time, then it
has the flavor you are after. It really comes down to the average workflow
of your users.

Of course I'm the type of person that disables the recycle bin on Windows.
I never got deleting a file twice, rm is so much nicer. So my view of
verify my logout probably doesn't follow what a normal person would think.