How is your authn handler wired into the CAS config? Can you post your
configuration?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Wiseman [mailto:richard.wise...@bt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 12:17 AM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: RE:[cas-user] Java-sourced custom attributes not being released

Thanks Misagh.

I've made some changes and now, just to be explicit, my
authenticateUsernamePasswordInternal method ends:

Map<String, Object> attributes = new HashMap<String, Object>(); if
(billingAccountID != null) attributes.put("billingAccountId",
billingAccountID); attributes.put("groupMembership", "GROUP MEMBERSHIP
INFORMATION"); attributes.put("uid", "UID INFORMATION"); return
createHandlerResult(credential, new SimplePrincipal(username, attributes),
null);

(I don't actually need the groupMembership and uid attributes but I noticed
those names in the configuration file so hardwired them in case they would
come through; now they're there just in case my billingAccountID is null.)

My deployerConfigContext.xml now contains, directly inside the <beans ...>
element:

<util:list id="registeredServicesList">
    <bean class="org.jasig.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService"
          p:id="0" p:name="HTTP and IMAP" p:description="Allows HTTP(S) and
IMAP(S) protocols"
          p:serviceId="^(https?|imaps?)://.*" p:evaluationOrder="10000001"
/>
    <bean class="org.jasig.cas.services.RegisteredServiceImpl">
        <property name="id" value="0" />
        <property name="name" value="HTTP Services" />
        <property name="description" value="HTTP Services" />
        <property name="serviceId" value="http://**"; />
        <property name="allowedAttributes">
            <list>
                <value>billingAccountId</value>
                <value>groupMembership</value>
                <value>uid</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>
</util:list>

And I got rid of the attribute filter as you suggested.

I *believe* this is all that should be required (reading
http://jasig.github.io/cas/4.0.0/integration/Attribute-Release.html#configuration)

but I'm still not getting any attributes through at all.

Have I still missed a step?

Thanks,

Richard