I think there are two items to consider here:

1. is how to do we make sure a misconfigured client doesn't denial of
service a server (I thought some of our throttling stuff should have
handled that, but maybe not?)
2. why is your specific client going nuts (is that user not found and it
gets into a loop, etc.)