I believe you said you're using CAS 4.0.x/4.x.  I'll just add that you
may need the latest version of mod_auth_cas with that, which I believe
isn't yet the official release.  If you have any trouble/questions
with that, you can ask on this list or on the mod_auth_cas_dev list
(or just search those lists).

Milt Epstein
Programmer in Computational Genomics
Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB)