Andy:

>Why is it taking longer than 10 seconds for your application to
validate the ticket?

That's a good question, I wish I knew. We can't find any rhyme or reason. I
was thinking slow network between redirecting the user from our CAS server
back to the application. The reason I suspected that was because a number
of the debug emails we've gotten have a mobile related user agent as part
of the request. I just tried as GPRS (50Kbps and 500ms RTT) using google
developer tools but I can't seem to get it to trigger our error page. I'm
wondering if chrome allows the lookups and stuff to go through your
standard connection, but downloads the assets via the throttled connection.
I also tried fiddler2 and still can't reproduce it, so I'm out of ideas.

I'm ok with the 1 time validation, but any suggestions on how we can change
it to expire after like 30 seconds or something, and are there any
downsides to extending that by 20 seconds?

John:
So, how our application is configured, we do allow non-CAS authenticated
users to login to our system. I have an override a little later in the code
that forces authentication if they don't meet certain criteria. The thing
is, the current configuration of how I'm checking for CAS works probably
99.5% of the time. Though, looking through the code, I may not need the
phpCAS::isAuthenticated() any more.

Chris