We've been running a load-balanced CAS cluster of two nodes for a number of years now. The TicketRegistry is rep/memcached. Evidently our LT processing has been broken for quite some time. As we are trying to upgrade from 3.3.5 to 3.5.2 we noticed problems due to the LT parameter not being accessible across both CAS instances. In researching this, the Cas Clustering wiki page (https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS) suggests to use Tomcat Session Replication.

We don't have any experience with Tomcat Session Replication. Is this definitely the way to go? How does this hold up under heavy loads? I'm assuming no one is recommending sticky sessions at the load balancer? Reasons? Also, I read some messages about putting the LT parameter into the TicketRegistry. Was that ever tried? Is it something that the CAS community recommends or not?

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions.

-ds
--
Dave Steiner stei...@rutgers.edu
Identity Management, ESS     ASB101; 848.445.5433