i suggest you contact mo ohady at digicom electronics
for pricing and availability of adc's and roach boards.
m...@digicom.org

casper collaborators might already have a design similar to
what you need.
are you building a correlator?  or a spectrometer?
how many frequency channels?  how many adc inputs?
readout rate?   full stokes?

it might be hard to get the roach1 to sample all the way up to 5 Gsps.
it's been accomplished by several people on roach2, but i don't know
anyone that has a roach1 and adc08-5000 working at 5 Gsps.

best wishes,

dan

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM, Marco Bartolini <mbartol...@med.ira.inaf.it