I'm not sure what, if any, difference a subsystem will make to the
mapped design (I thought none), but I believe it's the case that
changing module names etc. can affect the place and route algorithm's
start seed. I seem to remember seeing this mentioned in a Xilinx doc
under the heading "I've saved my project under a different name, now
it won't meet timing, wtf?!"