Hi Jason,

    I've encountered similar issues with R1's before. I think it comes back to
the xports simply being unreliable. I've heard of cases in which the xports
work for a few months but unpredictably stop working at some point. There have
also been cases in which the xport never works to begin with. The latter has
been the case with some of the LoFASM ROACH-1's; xport was dead out of the box.

In one particular case this became a problem for us since we really needed to
be able to access the auto power-on feature as well as be able to force the R1
on/off remotely. We ended up programming an arduino that was used as a 'digital
finger' that emulated the pressing of the power button on the chassis itself.
Our ROACH board at LoFASM-II at the LWA North Arm is configured this way.

Best of luck,

Sent from my iPhone