Thanks you.
   the contents of /etc/network/interfaces:

   auto eth0
   iface eth0 inet dhcp
   iface eth0 inet static
   address 10.0.0.21
   netmask 255.255.255.0

   when I want to start the network, I got some warning:

 roach:~# /etc/init.d/networking restart
Reconfiguring network interfaces...ifdown: failed to open statefile /etc/ne
ifup: failed to open statefile /etc/network/run/ifstate: Stale NFS file hae
failed.

   I aslo use this:
    auto eth0
   #iface eth0 inet dhcp
   iface eth0 inet static
   address 10.0.0.21
   netmask 255.255.255.0

   But can not start the network.
   if I run dhclient and can get IP address.

--
Cheers!
ZHANG Laiyu
Phone(China)       010-88236415
Cellphone(China)   13681385567
E-mail:            zhan...@ihep.ac.cn
Address:           19B Yuquan Road,Shijingshan District,Beijing,China
Department:        Center for Particle Astrophysics
Office:            Astrophysics Building 205Institute of High Energy Physics,
CAS
web: