From:"Indrajit Barve" <indra...@iiap.res.in>
Sent Time:2019-06-21 16:27:32 (Friday)
To: "casper@lists.berkeley.edu" <casper@lists.berkeley.edu>
Cc: "casper@lists.berkeley.edu" <casper@lists.berkeley.edu>,
"jackhick...@gmail.com" <jackhick...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [casper] ROACH Network is unreachable

Hello All,

>From my experience with the similar situation format the SD card and load the
>Linux image newly and set it for acquisition.

| |
Indrajit Barve
indra...@iiap.res.in
080-22541492

On Jun 21 2019, at 10:43 am, David MacMahon <dav...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
Assuming you want to use DHCP, what happens if you comment out (or remove) the
“iface eth0 inet static” line (and the “address” and “netmask” lines)?

On Jun 20, 2019, at 18:17, zhang laiyu <zhan...@ihep.ac.cn> wrote:

Thanks you.
the contents of /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.0.0.21
netmask 255.255.255.0

when I want to start the network, I got some warning:

roach:~# /etc/init.d/networking restart
Reconfiguring network interfaces...ifdown: failed to open statefile /etc/ne
ifup: failed to open statefile /etc/network/run/ifstate: Stale NFS file hae
failed.

I aslo use this:
auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.0.0.21
netmask 255.255.255.0

But can not start the network.
if I run dhclient and can get IP address.