Dear Mitchell Burnett,

Thank you for the help with this matter.   The manufacturer of the optical
transceiver is likely confused as to the nature of the RFSoC 4x2,
justifiably.  To make some progress with them, I would need a kind of
utility for the 100Gbe port. Something which reads raw status and error
codes from a transceiver plugged there ( or better yet, displays those
codes in human-readable form.)   I imagined that either AMD or their Xilinx
division would have a utility for this that interops with the Linux
processing system, in a manner independent of the FPGA.  However, as you
said, the 100Gbe port is connected exclusively through the FPGA fabric, if
I understood correctly?