On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:47 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

Where are /we/ on this? Name: Catmail? List: exist? Repo: exist? irc:exist? Needed: Me? (for more than being an agitator.)

Jose.  I think I saw a message that you had got some code donated(?).

I sent him a prototype that was oddly enough named Catmail. It's pretty raw, but, it mostly works. It uses Net::IMAP::Simple. you're more than welcome to it.

All. I am working on two other projects that will use Catalyst but I've been away from development (using cat anyway) for quite awhile so I'm liable to ask some pretty lame questions.

So does anyone have a preferred module set to deal with IMAP and why? One of my projects mentioned above uses IMAP and I found there are a lot of options ... A lot!

Some seem more complete, several have very cryptic methods, many relied on a previous knowledge of the supporting modules and the documentation was lacking or vague. I think a lot of problems I ran into was my lack of experience with IMAP as more than a user.

So enough rambling on.  What next?

Rod