I have a newly developed RESTful interface to an existing server using C::C::REST. Works nicely -- Catalyst is a very nice tool, and the REST extensions are very helpful.

The server has existing services that are orthogonal to the RESTful interface. I don't really wish to RESTify them so I'd like to expose them as XML-RPC.

Per the tutorial (http://search.cpan.org/~michiel/Catalyst-Plugin-Server-0.24/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Server/XMLRPC/Tutorial.pod ) I added "Server Serve::XMLRPC" to my "use Catalyst" line.

I now receive this:
-------
RestRPC has a custom request class Catalyst::Plugin::Server::Request, which is not a Catalyst::Request::REST; see Catalyst::Request::REST at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Request/REST.pm line 29.
Compilation failed in require at script/restrpc_server.pl line 55.
-------

I see this in the REST doc:
-------
Note that if you have a custom request class in your application, and it does not inherit from C<Catalyst::Request::REST>, your application will fail with an
error indicating a conflict the first time it tries to use
C<Catalyst::Request::REST>'s functionality. To fix this error, make sure your
custom request class inherits from C<Catalyst::Request::REST>.
-------
but that doesn't seems like an option here. (These are peers, not parent/child classes)

Am I missing something obvious?

Is there another way to do XML-RPC + REST?

Seems like I could just handle the POSTs with non-ActionClass('REST') methods -- but then it becomes "not quite XML-RPC".

Thanks,

Bruce

---
Bruce McKenzie