Hi all,

First of all, after reading John's post, when I suggested that CBC should do
something about hunting was not to stop hunting, but to designate some
locations on the lake to be free from  being hunting locations, so both birders
and birds can enjoy some peace.

Why is it wrong if birders feel that they love to have some locations free of
hunters and hunting? Don't we think we also have same right as hunters who
think they would love to hunt in all areas? So come to a compromise!

So what is wrong in making some good locations on Cayuga Lake bird and birder
friendly?

Hunters can share some locations with us for our pleasure! I think number of
birders and hunters around Cayuga lake must be very similar if not higher for
birders.

I think sport hunting is the one which bothers me, if you are hunting for food
then it is ok with me, but just for the pleasure of killing something that
definitely annoys me. If you are thinking of sports of hunting flying objects,
have some artificial targets or may be try some falling leaves or some other
similar targets.

Sorry for bursting out like this, instead of working on the proposal!

Meena