From: bounce-120838092-3493...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-120838092-3493...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Peter
<psara...@rochester.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:23:58 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L; CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Eagle Question

Howdy folks.

Am reading a very interesting, creative book by Pete Dunne called "The
Wind Masters....The Lives Of North American Birds of Prey". Dunne takes
a very creative approach to teach us about these birds...the book reads
more like a novel!  I highly recommend it but have a question.

In his piece about Bald Eagles, Pete says that, with respect to young
eagles, more than 90% that fledge in a given season don't survive to
adulthood, and nearly 60% of these die during their first year.
Evidently, to quote Dunne, "starvation is a young eagle's greatest
adversary"..

I was wondering what anyone thought about his statistics.....

Thanks for the feedback.

Pete Saracino