About 60-70% of young eagles perish in their first year primarily due to
starvation, although collisions, electrocutions, and other dangers also
befall them. Young eagles have a long adolescence to learning to hunt for
themselves and it is a steep learning curve. Birds that are slow to learn
do not make it. From what I’ve read, 10-20% survive to maturity.­

Candace