The occupied Osprey platform is not at Robert Treman SP but at Allan H Treman
State Marine Park in the field north of the marina. The unoccupied Hogs Hole
platform is in the same park but west of the marina. Union Field is in adjacent
Cass Park, and the Newman Golf Course platform is at the northwest corner of
the course next to the woods along the east bank of Cayuga Inlet. Last year I
repeatedly saw an Osprey carrying prey south along the Inlet, but I don’t know
where the nest was/is.

Great Blue Herons will commute several miles between their nest colony and
their feeding sites. I have seen colonies in upper Robert Treman SP, and in
state forests in the hills years ago, but I don’t know of any current nearby
locations. I think there have been fewer Great Blue Herons along Cayuga Inlet
north of the bridges since the Cayuga Waterfront Trail was put in past the
NYSDOT yard north of the college boathouses, and since the surge in popularity
of kayaking and paddle-boarding, because these herons don’t like people to come
too close, but I have noticed several Great Blue Herons at dusk around the
mouth of Fall Creek, so they may be feeding in the area when fewer people are
present.
- - Dave Nutter