i'm trying to make a decent lab..., i have an unused 3750 at work.. but it
has "sfp-LH-sfm" modules... buying Cat5 compatible modules are gonna be
expensive... i just got another idea... i also have a 3560 unused... so i a
thinking of truning between them using the existing SFP GBIC on them... and
then connecting my whole lab onto the 3560... i still havent made the plan
completely... but am in the process.... so any helps would be
appreciated....

now... i believe the POE configs on all the devices and the Etherswitch
modules are a piece of cake.. and i dont have to "practise"..it... may be
just a few proctorlabs would be enough for it...(if at all)...  I wonder
what the etherswitch configs would be like... gues it follows the mqcli of
ios...? hope the lack of it in my lab wont prove costly..

and lastly... i plan on using only softphones..... i will be mainly
following the topology of proctorlabs.. so that when i purchase the bls it
will be easier...i hope.. for most part softphones are no dif from the
hardphones..(except that they dont have some realy stupid issues with the
headphone and speakerphone buttons.. like some 7960s in my lab..grrr )

one more thing... i really am getting annoyed nowadays with the slow speed
of the cucm vmwares... even a 2/3 second waiting when the "loading" is
displayed is really adding up and wasting a good portion of my time... when
i am wanting to do a quick checkup of all the configs.. its a real pain... i
wish they had a "show run"... ghaaush... the way out.. is a good highend
server.. i will think about the configs for runing all the 5 vmwares + 9
ipphones in a common server....

i plan to get a 3725 for cue+cme... and for the rest br1 and br2 i plan to
use 3640s...

any help in the way of ideas would be greatly appreciated...

joel.

--
"it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
Abraham Lincoln