Wesley,

Number one will match any 4 digit string beginning with 2 even 2200. But #2 is preferred for any 5 digit string beginning with 22, like 22000. By default IOS will pick the destination pattern that matches the greatest number of the dialed digits.

Of course you could always use the command:

dial-peer hunt 6

Then the router will chose dial peers at random regardless of the destination pattern. :)

Chris

Wesley Lim wrote:
Interesting.

How I would tackle this.

Lets assume we have 2 dialpeers as of the following:

1. 2...
2. 22...

No matter what, both dialpeers are overlapping. Hence for the dialpeer
with 2... , i would put a timeout at the end of the destination
pattern - for eg 2...T