Chris,

It actually keeps hitting the "Dial-peer voice 2300 voip" because of a
shorter pattern when I dial 2400.  I was able to achieve this by making it
more explicit.

Allow to dial HQ phones
!
dial-peer voice 2300 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern [23][0-1]..
 session target ras
 tech-prefix 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
 no vad
!

Allow to go to HQ Phone's VM directly
dial-peer voice 22000 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 22...
 session target ras
 tech-prefix 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
 no vad
!

Allow to hit the CME ph's VM directly.  Also put in 24001 pattern into E.164
in CUE.
ephone-dn 20
number 2400.
preference 0 secondary 9