Erwan - you don't think the CCIE is the "expert" of networking.....are you nuts?....Do you not understand the IT industry?....

Regards,

Wayne A. Lawson II - CCIE #5244
Founder & President - IPexpert, Inc.
Mailto: wlaw...@ipexpert.com
Mobile: +1.810.334.1564

:: Message sent from iPhone.

On Sep 3, 2009, at 10:45 PM, Erwan Erwan <e_er...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Jon,

Congrats, definitely I understand your feeling , when u have to passed with hard work compare to those that cheat the lab.

Just my opinion looking at the situation in my company on what we see about CCIE

I do not really agree if CCIE cert is the expert/doctorate in networking, cause it more to config and troubleshoot for the cisco equipments. And i think that is the reason Cisco create it beside the marketing behind it :)

And I meet lots out there with 20 years exp , even without CCNA , got the skills and knowledge beyond CCIEs, like understanding the protocol and work on multiplaform for voice. Sometimes those guy can solve the issue better than TAC cause they hv more comprehensive knowledge.

Just opinion :)

Thks,