From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Cisco Dave
[ciscod...@live.com]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 11:02 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Calling Party Number Type

Does anyone know of good information that details how the calling and called
number type should be set?

For called party I would expect it to be very straight forward:
US
7 or 10 digit dialing subscriber
11 digit national
011 International

Non-US (may vary)
8 digits - National
00 - International

Calling party number type on the other hand seems to be a bit more of a mystery
since it, at least in my mind, it is not dependent on the called party (or is
it?).
If I dial (US) a seven digit number (303-3333) that is understandably marked as
subscriber.  But if I dial the same number as an 11 (1714-303-3333) digit
number is it still marked as subscriber? There are two variations, I dial
1714-303-3333 and send those digits out to the PSTN, and secondly I strip off
the 1714 before sending out the PSTN. Should one or both be set to calling
party type of subscriber?

So the calling party type scenarios are restated below for subscriber calls:
A) 303-3333
B) 1714-303-3333
C) 1714-303-3333 (1714 stripped before sending to PSTN)

I will lump both international and national calling number type into this
question. How does the calling number type get set in this situation?  Should
it be set to national in both cases? Or does it change based on the number
called?

Thank you,
cd

Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn