Earl, I believe your recommendations will work for excluding specific users
to be synchronized with CUCM.

You can do this in several ways using the AXL tool kit and knowing how LDAP
attributes work, but in the end, the user is either included or excluded.

The problem with Tam's requirement, is that he needs the users to be
included and synched, however, just not show on the Corporate Directory
search.

I cannot think of a way to achieve this. Let us know how it goes about
adding the special characters on LDAP.
I tried adding the special characters but just locally without any LDAP
synch, and the users would still show up on the Corporate Directory.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Hough, Earl <[email protected]> wrote:

>  Just so I know we’re talking about the same thing, when you’re referring
> to DC Directory, you’re referring to the external LDAP integration with
> Active Dirctory, right?  Not the internal UCM user directory.
>
>
>
> If so, that’s the same requirement I had where I had to alter the LDAP
> search string for the integration between AD and UCM so that instead of
> looking at the “account enabled” property, it looked for the “ip phone”
> field value.  That would accomplish the same thing you’re trying to do, I
> believe.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Earl Hough
>
> CCIE #16508 (R/S,Security)
>
>
>
> *From:* Tam Nhu [mailto:[email protected]]
> *Sent:* Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:30 AM
> *To:* Hough, Earl
> *Cc:* Daniel Berlinski; [email protected]
>
> *Subject:* Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Hide a particular user in the
> CorporateDirectory
>
>
>
> Hi Earl,
>
>
> The reason for to hide these particular users in Corporate Directory is
> because they are UCCX Admin users that don't have DN and customer doesn't
> want to show up in CD.  Is your solution work for the UCCX admin users that
> need to log into UCCX Admin page.  Based on my test yesterday, if the
> account is 'Inactive', or 'disabled' in AD, then it cannot be used to login
> on the UCCX Admin page, or it won't show up in the search in UCCX user
> assignment.  I might have to test more to see how it works.
>
> I will try Daniel's idea as well to put a special char in the First and
> Last name to see how it comes out.
>
> I don't see any more suggestions or workaround regarding hide UCCX admin
> user in DC Directory.  It should have a way to do so, since this is very
> popular in the real world.
>
> Just keep finding and digging though, or might be Vik or Amy know the
> solution or workaround for this.
>
> Thanks,
> TN.
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> The information contained in this transmission is confidential. It is
> intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or organization(s) to
> whom it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or further distribution is
> not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
> PC Mall, Inc. Furthermore, PC Mall, Inc. is not responsible for
> the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this
> communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please
> visit www.ipexpert.com
>
>


-- 
Randall "da ill" Saborio
CCIE Voice Wannabe #10054675811
_______________________________________________
For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please visit 
www.ipexpert.com

Reply via email to