It's definetly not supported, since the MGCP protocol asume all channels are
in service. You can use the service parameter to take them out of service
from CUCM perspective.

They do this to avoid allocating more DSP to bring all 24 channels, when you
will only place a few calls, so they can save some bucks on rack equipment.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Ken Wyan <kew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In IPX workbooks ; they limit number of channels just by pri-group
> timeslots 1-5,24 service mgcp command only. ( I didn't go through all the
> solutions yet  , but I have seen this few times so far)
>
> But I think fractional pri for MGCP is  not supported by CUCM as per Cisco
> documentation.
>
> Somehow there's a way as below ( B chan maintenance & status poll ).
> https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/97578   ( not an official cisco
> document)
>
> For CCIE scope , does IPX way is enough? But it will not do the required
> job.
>
> Wyan

Robert