Is it something like SIP/SIMPLE  & SOAP towards Presence server and
SIP/SIMPLE & CTI/QBE towards CUCM ?

2 ACL - one to CUPS and other to CUCM. Together can we call it as
'signalling' from presence communicator?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html
--  Figure 22-1 Cisco Unified Presence Components

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence,_Release_7.x_--_About_the_Interfaces_with_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager#About_the_Interfaces_with_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager

Figure: Cisco Unified Presence Basic Deployment