Right. The order you place the MenuItem child nodes in the XML file will be the
order they are presented on the phone.

What I do when practicing lab 4 was as follows:

CCX

1. RDP to CCX
2. From CCX browse to xml directory URL  (copied from Ent Params in CUCM)
3. Copy XML from CCX browser to notepad

CUCM / CLI

1. Go to CLI on CUCM and run query

admin:run sql select name,urltemplate from telecasterservice
name                urltemplate
===================
Missed Calls        Application:Cisco/MissedCalls
Received Calls      Application:Cisco/ReceivedCalls
Placed Calls        Application:Cisco/PlacedCalls
Intercom Calls      Application:Cisco/IntercomCalls
Personal Directory  Application:Cisco/PersonalDirectory
Corporate Directory Application:Cisco/CorporateDirectory
Voicemail           Application:Cisco/Voicemail

Back to CCX

In CCX you will edit the XML you have in notepad. You will create MenuItem
child nodes using the above output. The SQL "name" maps to the XML "Name" field
and the "urltemplate" maps to the "URL" field.

Build your menu accordingly.

You will likely need to create more than one XML file to service from CCX. One
for "normal" phones and one for the phone that is being customized. The nature
of the customization will vary based on lab requirement.

Save files to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\

Back to CUCM (cli)

Now you want to disable the various directories. I wouldn't delete them and I
sure as heck wouldn't muddle through the web interface to toggle the services
as enabled/disable. So, I use SQL to disable the services:

run sql update telecasterservice set enabled = 'f' where name like '%d Calls'
or name like '%Directory'

The above query will disable: Missed Calls, Received Calls, Placed Calls,
Personal Directory, and Corporate Directory.

Back to CUCM (web)

You want to set the services provisioning from Internal to "Both". You can do
this from Ent Params, via common phone profile, or directly on each phone (via
BAT). I use Ent Params because you will also need to remove the default
Directories URL.

Restart the phones.

-Bill
--