As I said before - I would think product marketing had something to say about
this. Just my opinion. Why for the last 4 years has there been a lack of
Microsoft products in the exam? Are Microsoft are not relevant or it Marketing
bullying the content team?

At the same time there are many folks out there with a voice IE who can't spell
SIP. So what do you do about those folks?

Historically Cisco have trusted their recertification process as a valid check
and balance.

It looks like they have lost a bit of faith in the written exams as a valid
means to recertification- and that is no surprise to any of us as we all know a
2nd grader could pass one of those exams (and I don't condone the means through
which that is possible).

When the dust has settled I will be advising all existing voice IE's two
things: look at this as an extra challenge that will reap extra reward and
secondly - diversify. Collaboration expertise in the very literal sense cannot
be confined to a monolithic single vendor application time test that is going
to occur . I would have thought a true collaboration expert would (if not now,
never) be encouraged to seek skills and experience from a wider spectrum of
vendors.

Rant over.