Kenneth,
I'm using 360 now since I had it for the Voice track already and it just
converted over. I highly recommend 360 because of the practice labs. Since
you're a Cisco employee, you can probably get it for close to nothing or
free. I'd ask your manager. I don't believe IPExpert has anything out yet,
but I do feel their training material and VoDs are far better than 360.
Having gone through both programs, I'd say IPExpert has the edge, but
again, the practice tests from 360 are a HUGE help simply because they're
graded using the same engine as the real test.
Josh

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Kenneth Staples (kstaples) <
kstap...@cisco.com> wrote:

>   For those of you that are starting or now moving from your old voice
> studies to the now "new collab" studies, which material are you using (360,
> IPExperts, etc)?
>
> Ideally, I'd like to start with getting set up, going through scenarios
> and example questions to get fully lab ready before attending an IPExperts
> training.
>

> Kenneth Staples (Shift 7am – 4pm CST)
> Customer Support Engineer
> Cisco RMS - Unified Communications
> kstap...@cisco.com
> Phone: +1 512 340 3143
> CCNOC = 866-777-6269
> GVNOC = 866-643-9428
> TelePresence = (888) 654-9113
> Cisco Systems, Inc.
> 9500 Amberglen Blvd.
> United States
> Cisco.com - http://www.cisco.com
>
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
> reply email and delete all copies of this message.
>
> For corporate legal information go to:
> http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html
>
> From: Bill Lake <whl...@gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:38 AM
> To: "wilson.sam...@bt.com" <wilson.sam...@bt.com>
> Cc: CCIE Study <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
>
> Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CCIE Lab Prep via VMware
>
>   Well, I found using ESXi and creating a lab workstation as one of my
> VM's worked well.  I setup with a remote access client and I had access to
> my lab from anywhere and from any device supported by my client.
>
> This was very helpful and you don't need a full blown server (I have a
> Intel i5 with desktop board and 16GB RAM, I use 3 HDD to spread out the
> VM's and multiple NIC's to separate server traffic) as you just need enough
> memory as this is just a lab.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM, <wilson.sam...@bt.com> wrote:
>
>>  Thanks Justin for the post.
>>
>> I have had used the Dell Precision 390 with 16 G RAM, however the noise
>> and the power consumption is just bit crazy and the second most important
>> aspect is that, one can be mobile with Mac Pro, not a doable situation with
>> fat cat server.
>>
>> Btw, have you already passed your Lab?
>>
>> If you are in case preparing for the Collab version, I wanted to know if
>> there are IPExpert is already providing the training for it and what about
>> the lab network layout for the same.
>>
>> Regards
>> Sam Wilson
>>
>>  ------------------------------

>>> GVNOC = 866-643-9428
>>> TelePresence = (888) 654-9113
>>> Cisco Systems, Inc.
>>> 9500 Amberglen Blvd.
>>> United States
>>> Cisco.com <http://cisco.com/> - http://www.cisco.com
>>>
>>> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
>>> use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
>>> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
>>> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
>>> reply email and delete all copies of this message.
>>>
>>> For corporate legal information go to:
>>> http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html
>>>

>>> *From: *Josh Petro <josh.pe...@gmail.com>
>>> *Date: *Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:21 PM
>>> *To: *Kenneth Staples <kstap...@cisco.com>
>>> *Cc: *"ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com" <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
>>> *Subject: *Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CCIE Lab Prep via VMware
>>>

>>> If you're serious about studying, I would avoid the desktop version and
>>> go with ESXi and a good, reliable machine. You'll be fighting fatigue, the
>>> labs and learning new stuff, so adding troubleshooting a VMware Desktop
>>> issue will only frustrate you unnecessarily.
>>>
>>> I have 7961's and they were fine. I would recommend getting two 9900
>>> series phones if you can so you can simulate video. Trust me, having the
>>> phones, gateways and switch will help a ton. Also, just find a 3750 switch
>>> and forget the router switch-modules. It's much easier and you'll still
>>> learn the needed commands. Just make sure you pay attention to the commands
>>> for those switch-modules (for VLAN setup, etc.) when studying.
>>>

>>> Anyone else, please feel free to comment.
>>>

>>> Josh
>>>

>>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Kenneth Staples (kstaples) <
>>> kstap...@cisco.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>   Thanks josh. I've been hearing that the VMWare desktop should be all
>>> that's needed with the exception of some physical routers/switches for the
>>> branch sites and phones of course. The the Lab requirements for the new
>>> Collab IE, what more equipment may be needed….or will your current set up
>>> be sufficient? Might need additional phones of course for video. Thanks
>>>

>>> Kenneth Staples (Shift 7am – 4pm CST)
>>> Customer Support Engineer
>>> Cisco RMS - Unified Communications
>>> kstap...@cisco.com
>>>
>>> Phone: +1 512 340 3143
>>> CCNOC = 866-777-6269
>>> GVNOC = 866-643-9428
>>> TelePresence = (888) 654-9113
>>> Cisco Systems, Inc.
>>> 9500 Amberglen Blvd.
>>> United States
>>> Cisco.com <http://cisco.com/> - http://www.cisco.com
>>>
>>> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
>>> use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
>>> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
>>> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
>>> reply email and delete all copies of this message.
>>>
>>> For corporate legal information go to:
>>> http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html
>>>

>>> *From: *Josh Petro <josh.pe...@gmail.com>
>>> *Date: *Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:37 PM
>>> *To: *Kenneth Staples <kstap...@cisco.com>
>>> *Cc: *"ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com" <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
>>> *Subject: *Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CCIE Lab Prep via VMware
>>>

>>> Kenneth
>>>
>>> I run my entire lab on ESXi 5.1 in demo mode. Saves having to purchase
>>> since this is lab anyhow. Just shutdown the VMs and the host when you're
>>> don't for the day and you'll get some time out of it. I have a dell
>>> workstation with a Xeon processor with 6 cores and 24gb RAM. The more
>>> important equipment is the routers. I did two attempts on the voice lab and
>>> having the routers makes a huge difference for home studying. For
>>> collaboration, you can get by with most of the 2800/3800 features until a
>>> 2900/3900 is available on the cheap.
>>>
>>> Josh
>>>
>>> On Tuesday, December 10, 2013, Kenneth Staples (kstaples) wrote:
>>>
>>>   I wanted to ask if there is anyone out there preparing for the Voice
>>> CCIE lab using a VM server for the all UC servers involved and maybe even
>>> for the routers/switches as well? I could understand if your running all
>>> the UC servers on one VM server and the routers/switches that are needed
>>> are seperate from the VM.
>>>

>>> The reason I ask is because I'd like to see if it's possible to study
>>> convenient from my home (without having run 4 to 5 servers) rather than
>>> coming into the office to study for the lab. Ideally, I'd like to have one
>>> VM server running all UC nodes, and maybe a couple of routers/switches (non
>>> VM if necessary) and of course the physical phones to run from my home for
>>> easy/convenience of studying and less equipment as possible. However, I'm
>>> not sure if this is possible. Thanks in advance for your response.
>>>

>>> Kenneth Staples (Shift 7am – 4pm CST)
>>> Customer Support Engineer
>>> Cisco RMS - Unified Communications
>>> kstap...@cisco.com