Hi Zhen,

Have a look at

http://www.dl.ac.uk/list-archive-public/ccp4bb/msg17757.html
(and links therein) for a lively discussion on these matters.

HTH

Peter

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Deal all,

I recently solved a structure at 1.7A by MAD. However, there is
always strong negative density arround all 8 selenium in the
protein during CNS refinement. The Selenium-methionines fit 2fo-fc
density well. I tried to use peak, edge or remote dataset with or
without scale anomalous flag on and all did not matter. Does
anybody have a solution for this matter?

Thanks.

Zhen