On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 14:07 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I recently solved a structure at 1.7A by MAD. However, there is
> always strong negative density arround all 8 selenium in the
> protein during CNS refinement. The Selenium-methionines fit 2fo-fc
> density well. I tried to use peak, edge or remote dataset with or
> without scale anomalous flag on and all did not matter. Does
> anybody have a solution for this matter?

Set the occupancy to something below 1.0? Do you have any way of knowing
what you're rate of incorporation was?

I think we're all bugs and mice, and are only different expressions
of an all-inclusive cheese. - Charles Fort
                              David J. Schuller
                              modern man in a post-modern world
                              MacCHESS, Cornell University
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]