The silica-based Ni-TED resin sold by Macherey-Nagel can take 10 MPa pressure
(~1400 psi for the SI-challenged) while the Poros MC resin takes 17 MPa
(~2400 psi). Last time I checked, Ni-TED resin was sold at about the same price as the 1 MPa Pharmacia Sepharose (Swedish prices). Make sure that all parts of your purification
setup can take these pressures.

Cheers,

Martin

 .
 B. Martin Hallberg, PhD
 Structural Genomics Consortium
 Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
 Karolinska Institutet
 Scheeles väg 2
 SE-171 77 Stockholm
 http://sgc.ki.se/groupSB2.html