On 16 Jan, Tim Fenn wrote:
> then you should recheck your list.  Many of the software packages on
> your link use licenses that are neither OSI nor FSF approved - see

If you had specifics, that would be helpful.  As a GNU-Darwin.org admin,
I am obviously aware of the free software definition, but define FOSS to
be more inclusive for the broader arenas of professional pursuits and
political activism.  In the essay, this position is employed for the
purpose of coalition building, so that we can find common ground.  There
is much at stake.  Here is the link again for your convenience.

http://proclus.gnu-darwin.org/aCommunique2.html

Thanks Tim for your excellent contributions to FOSS in science.

Regards,
Michael L. Love

--
Visit proclus realm! http://proclus.tripod.com/