What is the name of the mtz-file? Does it contain spaces?
Did you copy it elsewhere before using it with refmac5, i.e., do you have read and write access to the directory you want phaser to work in?

Normally phaser would probably print the name of the mtz-file it is trying to open (see the colon at the end of the error message), so maybe the input script got confused - that is why I asked about spaces in the file name etc.

Tim

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie