150Kd is a fairly large protein for a MBP (55Kd) fusion. Six His-tag may not strong enough for it to bind to the Ni-column. If protein overexpression and solubility is not an issue, I would avoid using MBP fusion. Depend on how your protein fold, sometimes N-terminal His-tag works, sometimes C-terminal.  If your N-terminal protein hide inside of the tertiary structure, try to clone it into a C-terminal His-tag vector. pET vectors offer easy switch. Good luck.

Helen

R&D/ABI

From: Kendall Nettles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] His tag does not bind.
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:34:46 -0400

We have found that our His-MBP fusion doesn’t bind well after we cut off the protein of interest, and are trying to remove it. We have to use very low salt, cold temp, and slow loading rates. You might also try batch instead of column loading. We have also had good luck adding 1-2M urea to uncut His-MBP-protein fusions that show poor binding to the Qiagen Ni-NTA.
Kendall