On Jan 20, 2008, at 4:57 AM, david lawson (JIC) wrote:

Dear All,

Sorry for the slightly off-topic subject.

We have recently bought a few iMacs for crystallography. I'm not keen on
the supplied "mighty mouse" so I have switched to using a microsoft
3-button wheel mouse.

The mighty mouse is better than you think. First, do what Bill Scott said. Then, try putting your mighty mouse back in and clicking on the little apple in the upper left of your screen, then click on "System Preferences..." then, in the System Preference window, click "Keyboard & Mouse". Click on the "Mouse" tab. You will be able to configure your mighty mouse to the exact behavior you want. Don't be freaked out by the unibody design or tiny little roller ball. It works eerily well and will all make sense after you use it for about 20 minutes. Give it a shot. Don't forget that you paid for *both* the M$ mice and the mighty mice, so you should experiment to see which one you like better.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570