On 14 May, Mark Del Campo wrote:
> At what refinement resolution or resolution ranges would you call a structure
> "high resolution" vs.
> "low resolution"?  I realize that this may boil down to semantics (e.g. some
> may classify structures as
> "medium resolution"), but I wanted to get an opinion from the pros.

A sensible definition of high resolution would be that resolution at
which the structure is computationally over-determined, which is about
2 angstroms or better for a complete data set.  This would also be a
sensible definition for what is called atomic resolution, because the
atoms are resolved as spheres or better, so that the position is
over-determined.

Regards,

--
Michael L. Love Ph.D
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry

Interoffice Mail: 608B WBSB, SoM

office: 410-614-2267
lab:    410-614-3179
fax:    410-502-6910