I don't think that individual atoms can be RESOLVED at 2A resolution.
Even if we forget that hydrogen is also an atom, it is still true that
peaks in electron density corresponding to, say, covalently bonded atoms
are not separated.  If atomic positions at 2A would be over-determined,
we won't need geometry restraints.  Atomic resolution begins somewhere
around 1.2A (not surprisingly since this is about the length of covalent
bond).  I think there is some confusion regarding the term "atomic
resolution" because at some point in the past it signified the ability
to refine atomic positions (vs just threading CA backbone through tubes
of density).  But then I am not old enough to pretend to be an expert on
this.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore