Olga Boudker wrote:
Dear all,
I am working with a relatively low res. crystal structure with multiple protomers in the asymmetric unit related by NCS. I am currently running rounds manual model building in Coot and refinement using Refmac5. Could anybody suggest a shortcut for the following procedure: I start with an initial model containing all protomers; generate NCS operators for A to B, A to C et c.; rebuild protomer A; use the operators and the rebuilt A to generate all other protomers; and combine them all in a single pdb file. Currently I do all that manually using lsqkab and text edit and it is really painful. Is there an available routine to do this? For various reasons I would like to stick with Refmac5 rather then CNS, in which of course the symmetry would have been easier to implement.
Many thanks,
Olga

Coot has tools to do this..
Fit your rebuilt A chain back over B C etc, change the chain ID appropriately and write it out. You need to reassemble the whole agin but it does the standard superpositions..
Eleanor