RE: Ian's and Eckhard's wise suggestion to deposit non-standard
parameters used to refine ligands:

I have had some ligands where the 1 & 8 peri-substituents (amino &
methyl groups) on a 6/6 fused aromatic ring (deazapteridine derivatives)
were very clearly out of the plane. It took extensive fiddling with the
refmac dictionary to get the torsion & planarity restraints relaxed
enough so that these two atoms were allowed to move into the very clear
difference density waiting for them, even with 1.1 A data!

See http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore.do?structureId=1KMS and
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore.do?structureId=1KMV for examples; paper
is here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12096917

I thought I had deposited the refmac library file, but now I cannot find
it on the PDB web site. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but if
you click, in the ligand (LII) area, on ligand structure "view", then
(at left) "Component definition (CIF)", you can find this:
http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/files/ligand/LII.cif. BUT, THIS IS NOT MY FILE!
Rather, some auto-generated file (probably wrong; definitely doesn't
have my relaxed parameters).

Similarly, for http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/explore.do?structureId=2C2S
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569517), with a rather strange
carborane ligand, I *distinctly* remember depositing the library file,
because the EBI deposition software got completely tied in knots trying
to interpret the deposited coords. Again, no files to be found on the
PDB. http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/files/ligand/34B.cif is again not my file,
but an auto-generated one (probably wrong, given the trouble the EBI s/w
had).

Hoping some folks at EBI/RCSB monitor the CCP4BB,

Dave
David Borhani, Ph.D.
D. E. Shaw Research, LLC
120 West Forty-Fifth Street, 39th Floor