This usually means that you have to install the header files for your kernel. They come in a separate package, but I don't know its name for Ubuntu. The Debian package is called linux-headers-$(uname -r) (where 'uname -r' issued at the command line returns the version of the current kernel), maybe it's the same with Ubuntu.

--
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A