Dear Martin

You can either add the cluster as a powder, just dip the tip of a needle in the powder and gently approach the drop with the needle, the Ta6Br12 crystals will spray itself onto the drop. Then you just wait for the crystal to turn green, I usually marked the position where the powder had hit the drop, then mounted crystals lying with various distance from the powder site. This was how we derivatized the Na,K ATPase crystals (pH 7, 14 % PEG2kmme), with the H-ATPase crystal it was a bit more tricky, the cluster would not dissolve that readily, and one way to get around this was to dissolve the Ta6Br12 in water (approx 5 mM) then use a speed vac to increase the concentration even further. The highly concentrated Ta6Br12 will form a small round green ball, that you can break with a needle and transfer a tiny droplet to your crystal drop. The same approach was used with orange Pt ( Pt(II)- terpyridine chloride)

best of luck
Preben