To: <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:05 AM
Subject: [ccp4bb] advice on laptop for crystallography

Dear all

I'm planning to upgrade my laptop and would like to run most crystallography programs. I was wondering if people could comment on their current prefered options. I would prefer not to go for a Mac, so any other alternative suggestions would be more than welcome. Also, I did a little research and it seems few laptops could deal with the resolution requirements for HKL2000 - any thoughts on that as well?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Paula

Dr Paula Salgado

Division of Molecular Biosciences